Scouting Support Fund
The Scouting Support Fund
Established by local community members who care about scouting, the Scouting Support Fund is intended to support all manner of scouting activities particularly in the Carbon County region and in lower Luzerne and northern Schuylkill Counties, especially the Greater Hazleton area.
Support is intended to serve those participating in scouting activities offered through the Boy Scouts of America, the Girl Scouts of the USA, or other similar organizations operating in the designated geographic area.
Scouting organizations in the Carbon County region and greater Hazleton area are welcome to apply for funds to assist:
- Local youth groups to complete special projects
- Individual scouts to complete service projects
- Defray the cost of attending camp (for the entire group or specific individuals, based on financial need)
- Activities to honor Scouts when they obtain a high rank in Scouting, such as becoming an Eagle Scout.
- To help cover the cost of Court-of-Honors and other such Scouting award presentations
- For the physical maintenance/improvement of Scout camps, including, but not limited to, the Anthracite Scouting Organization’s Camp Rotawanis located in Drums, Pa.
- For the purchase of tents, cooking gear, or other related camping equipment and supplies by Scouting Units
- Any other Scouting-related project, activity, function, or program by Scouting Units or by individual Scouts
Individual families in the Carbon County region and greater Hazleton area are also welcome to apply on behalf of children wishing to attend camp. Camperships (scholarships paid directly to qualified nonprofit organizations on behalf of individual campers) will be awarded based on financial need.
Although this Fund specifically names the Boy and Girl Scout organizations, other groups that share a similar mission and purpose in the defined region are welcome to apply.