Eugene "Peck" Armbruster Scholarship Fund
About This Scholarship:
Established by the Fraternal Order of Orioles, Lehighton Nest #183, the Eugene “Peck” Armbruster Memorial Scholarship will provide financial assistance for higher education to students (male or female) from Carbon County who are pursuing a trade career. The scholarship honors the memory of Eugene “Peck” Armbruster, who was a longtime member of the Lehighton Orioles Nest #183. Eugene worked as a foreman at Blue Ridge Pressure Castings in Lehighton. He served with the Army National Guard and with the Mahoning Township Police Department. Eugene was Past President of Lehigh Fire Company #1, Past President of The Lehighton Ambulance Assoc., and served on the Home Association of Lehighton Orioles Nest #183.
The Eugene “Peck” Armbruster Memorial Scholarship shall be a one-year, non-renewable scholarship awarded annually to a qualified graduating high school senior (or home-schooled student who has a state-recognized graduation certificate/diploma) residing in Carbon County, PA, who is seeking to further their education in a trade career at a 2 or 4-year college, university, or trade school.
Minimum qualifications for the scholarship include:
- Desire to pursue education for a trade career
- A proven record of academic success with at least a 3.0 GPA cumulative average over the time period of two years prior to graduation
- Candidates will be asked to submit a short essay (500 words or less) to describe the most important thing s/he has done to help make a difference in the community
- Preference will be given to applicants with a strong track record of volunteerism and community service
- Financial need will be considered in the selection process. A copy of the expected family contribution page of the FAFSA report must be submitted with application. The Foundation reserves the right to request the full FAFSA at their discretion.