Catholic Worker Fund
Established with an initial gift and support from the Catholic Worker Movement and the Carbon County Catholic Worker community founder, Ericka Williams-Rodriguez. Inspired by Dorothy Day, Peter Maurin, and the Catholic Worker Movement’s lives and works, the Fund provides charitable services for those in need, including food pantry services, educational services, spiritual counseling, and hosts cultural events.
The Carbon County Catholic Worker Fund supports the programs and operating costs of the Dorothy Day House of Hospitality and a new Community Center it plans to open at the restored Our Lady of Angels School in Lansford, PA. Call for volunteers! We need volunteers! Drivers, a grant-writer, a plumber, and a roofing company – if you can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 908-357-8858 or on our Facebook page. The Carbon County Catholic Worker organization strives to provide the following services to the community:
- Food pantry and food delivery service
- Community meals and game night (COVID19-friendly)
- We will set up a fund to provide financial assistance to pay back taxes for homeowners
- Emergency shelter on a case-by-case basis
What we will provide in our new building (photo on the right) with your support:
- Community center with an art room, science lab, a space for mommy and me, and educational services and workshops*
- Interfaith chapel and meditation room*
- A space for homeschooling groups to meet*
- Financial advisement to others who may want to open Hospitality Houses in Carbon County*
- Other services that may be developed over time within the Carbon County Catholic Worker’s mission and a broad community need*
* Indicates services not currently provided but in the strategic plan for the organization.
Connect with the Carbon County Dorothy Day House on Facebook today to join in on their intentional community