Networking with Civic Leaders, Nonprofits and Funders
Make connections and learn about new opportunities
A Panel Discussion on the Past, Present and Future of Collaboration in Carbon County
featuring Marc Rittle (United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley), Elissa Garofalo (D&L National Heritage Corridor), Joe Guardiani and Rosemarie Lister (Blue Mountain Health System/St. Luke’s), Marlyn Kissner (Greater LV/Carbon Chamber & Economic Development)
The Carbon Chamber & Economic Development Corporation is a proud partner of the
2018 Carbon County Nonprofit Forum
“Working together to serve Carbon County”
hosted by the Carbon County Community Foundation
Our goal is to bring together leaders from nonprofit and civic organizations to share knowledge and resources, encourage collaboration and strengthen our collective service to Carbon County
The event will include:
- Networking with Civic Leaders, Nonprofits and Funders
- A Panel Discussion on the Past, Present and Future of Collaboration in Carbon County featuring
- Marc Rittle, United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
- Elissa Garofalo, D&L National Heritage Corridor
- Joe Guardiani and Rosemarie Lister, Blue Mountain Health System/St. Luke’s
- Marlyn Kissner, Greater LV/Carbon Chamber & Economic Development
We Together: Building Nonprofit Partnerships That Last
Program Description: As the number of nonprofit organizations in the United States continues to grow, many organizations are increasingly engaging in strategic partnerships, collaborations and alliances to help provide higher-quality programs and services, leverage funding, broaden or strengthen impact, and improve administrative efficiency. Furthermore, grantmakers are encouraging, and in some cases funding, nonprofits to consider strategic partnerships to increase impact and services to those who need it most. Developing lasting partnerships requires a multitude of ingredients: strong boards, open-minded CEOs, engaged staff team members, time to build consensus, a formalized Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement and in some cases an objective facilitator and special grant funding. This session will explore:
* What ARE Strategic Partnerships?
* WHY work together or collaborate?
* How do we BEGIN working together?
* What do SUCCESSFUL collaborations look like?
* What GETS IN THE WAY of successful collaboration?
When: Tuesday, January 30th from 10am – 2pm
How much: $15 – Includes Lunch
Where: The Restuarant at Carbon Career & Technical Institute (150 W. 13th Street
Jim Thorpe, PA 18229)
Space is limited to 50 attendees max. Please register by Tues., Jan 23. to help us prepare. If CCTI is closed for Tuesday, Jan. 30, the event will take place the following week on Tuesday, Feb. 6. If there is only a delay on Jan. 30, the event will take place as scheduled that day.